Seaport OPX is a specialist digital ports division of the non-profit DHI Group, established to optimise waterside operations at ports around the world.
We are a highly driven team of maritime engineers and pioneering software developers, committed to supporting the safe and efficient flow of vessel traffic from sea to berth through industry-leading levels of services.
Our award-winning NCOS ONLINE represents the next generation of advanced, physics-based port traffic management systems that utilise high performance, cloud-based computing environments.
NCOS ONLINE empowers port and maritime safety authorities to fully utilise the capacity of their existing port and channel assets, ensuring the safety and efficiency of vessel traffic at all times through a high precision virtual environment with unprecedented accuracy.
As a strategic planning tool, NCOS ONLINE is used to quantify redundancy in marine assets and identify where operational gains can be made. More specifically, ports are using NCOS ONLINE in a strategic capacity to:
- Enable larger vessel calls by definitively demonstrating safe transit and berthing conditions
- Defer capital dredging works
- Optimise dredging through heat mapping of high spots
- Monitor port sustainability indicators and carry out a data-driven impact assessment of future outcomes
- Support infrastructure resilience management, through climate change scenario investigations
- Fast track approvals through data sharing across internal and external stakeholders
Operationally, NCOS ONLINE provides the following benefits:
- Extend operational windows for deep-drafted vessel transits
- Reduce vessel arrival delays at berth and reduce emissions
- Increase safety and operational flexibility for all aspects of vessel transit planning with quantitative, objective decision support
- Forecast dynamic port sedimentation and optimize maintenance dredging